I'm trying to decide if I should sign up again next month or not. I'm not sure how much longer this creative lethargy will continue, for one. It might also be a good idea to try and finish some other stuff. Also, I know next month will be on the busy side. On the other hand, I still really want to.
I suppose I should sleep for a few hours, because I'm starting to get too tired to write without making stupid mistakes anyway. I've still got all day to work on it (and do laundry, whee).
Argh, I have to finish ficlets, too.
Oh well. Silly memes help to ease the pain.
Load all your music into Winamp and put it on shuffle. Then write down the first line of the lyrics for the first 20 songs that play and have people guess the song and artist. When someone guesses right, edit to show the song title and artist.
(I actually had to go through more than 20 songs to get my list, because I have a lot of instrumental stuff on my computer; I also left off non-English lyrics and ones that said the title in the first line. Anyhoo...)
1. Sweetheart, how I miss your heart beating next to mine
2. Say, my love, I came to you with best intentions -- "Two Step" - Dave Matthews Band, guessed by a_hollow_year
3. Joan was quizzical, studied metaphysical science in the home -- "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" - the Beatles, guessed by lalieth
4. Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves
5. I get high when I see you go by, my oh my
6. When the little bluebird who has never said a word starts to sing, "Spring"
7. Sugar splash and spread, oh yeah -- "Sugar High" - Splashdown, guessed by incoh
8. One autumn, you once said to me, "There's too much stuff around"
9. Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know that something wasn't right here * -- "Baby One More Time" - Dweezil & Ahmet Zappa, guessed by aiffe
10. I built a little empire out of some crazy garbage called the blood of the exploited working class -- "Kiss Me, Son of God" - They Might Be Giants, guessed by a_hollow_year
11. She keeps Moet et Chandon in her pretty cabinet -- "Killer Queen" - Queen, guessed by a_hollow_year
12. Out on the wiley, windy moors we'd roll and fall in green
13. Now the king told the boogie men, "You have to let that raga drop" -- "Rock the Casbah" - the Clash, guessed by the_firefly
14. So he's retired, lives with his sister in a furnished flat
15. Out of the ruins, out from the wreckage, can't make the same mistake this time
16. Can’t you hear those cavalry drums hijacking your equilibrium
17. Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup -- "Across the Universe" - the Beatles, guessed by the_firefly
18. I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar -- "How Soon is Now?" - the Smiths, guessed by lalieth
19. There you see her, sitting there across the way -- "Kiss the Girl" - Samuel E. Wright, guessed by adesso
20. Congratulate you said you had a double tongue -- "Talula" - Tori Amos, guessed by lalieth
*I'm rather embarrassed that this one came up. In my defense, it is a cover version of the song. A cover, I say!