I am now contemplating whether or not to go in to work at all tomorrow. Paid holiday, but if I go in I'll get some overtime. Hmm.
Tagged by numisma and lalieth:
Write 20 random facts about yourself, then tag the same number of people as minutes it takes you to write the facts.
1. My last name means "one who devours flesh" (or something to that effect), or so I have been told. I don't speak enough German to know if that's totally accurate.
2. My spelling, while not horrible, is not that great. My typing is even worse. (People who've chatted with me may have noticed this, because then I can't spellcheck. :P )
3. I am 5' 11" which is tall, I suppose. I don't feel tall, though.
4. I hate wearing shoes and avoid it when at all possible. I will usually wear flip-flops until there is snow on the ground and start wearing them again as soon as it melts. My feet don't really get cold.
5. Speaking of shoes, I have an insane shoe size: women's 11/12 narrow. For tennis shoes & whatnot, it's just easier to buy men's sizes and lace them up tight, but finding dress shoes is hell.
6. I have a cat named Éowyn. She's a big chicken, but she's cute.
7. I used to work as a weekend DJ on an oldies radio station. The program director was a mellow-ass hippie, so I could basically play whatever I wanted. I really loved that job, but the pay sucked.
8. And while we're on the subject of radio stations, my old college radio station's call letters were KUMM and their slogan was, "The only station that puts KUMM in your ear." I had a show on there from time to time, depending on my schedule.
9. I was salutatorian of my high school class. Missed valedictorian by this much.
10. I saw The Fellowship of the Ring eleven times in the theatre (most of this was six months after it was released, when it was being shown in a dollar theatre a few blocks from my house). What can I say, a friend and I loved hobbits.
11. A little over a year ago now, I had laser eye surgery, so no more glasses. I'd been wearing glasses since 4th grade.
12. For a project in a Shakespeare class, I directed an (abridged) version of 1 Henry IV...as a John Wayne-type Western. White hats and overcooked accents and hobby-horses ruled the day.
13. My hair used to be purple.
14. I was raised Catholic, but haven't considered myself one for many years. I'm sort of eclectic with agnostic leanings, I suppose.
15. I love kids and often get along with them better than people my own age. At family gatherings, I am usually playing pretend with the younger kids, rather than playing card games with the grown-ups. However, I don't think I'll ever want kids of my own.
16. I love giving presents to people and if I had the time and money I would do it all the time. As it is, I try to stick to birthdays/xmas.
17. I can't fall asleep at night without reading for at least a half-hour or more (unless I am completely exhausted).
18. My favorite scent is almond.
19. I haven't had television (have a television set, but no cable and no antenna channels come in except PBS, sometimes) in years, and really don't miss it at all. When I had tv I mostly just watched cartoons, anyway.
20. I have never not cried when watching Edward Scissorhands.
I didn't keep track of the time it took for that, because I don't plan to tag anyone. Seems like most people have already done it or been tagged anyway. Steal it, if you like.
And this is a little late, but happy birthday, abarero! I finished your request drabble. I'm afraid it's not that great though. sigh. I tried.
Title: Maybe He's Born With It...
Word Count: 127
Notes: Menoumaru & Ruri/Hari; makeup, for abarero
“What do you think of this color for me?” Hari carefully swiped a fingertip coated with glossy red pigment over her lips and puckered coquettishly.
“Mm. I think that color might look better on me,” Ruri mused, pressing a finger to her chin.
“Let’s find out.” Hari laughed, drawing the other woman near for a long kiss.
Waiting impatiently for them to break apart, Menoumaru rolled his eyes, finally clapping his hands sharply for attention. “Ladies, focus. Let’s stick to the task at hand. Namely, me. I want to make a splash with these foreign youkai. So tell me, honestly...” He gave his head an elegant tilt, lowering his eyelids just enough so the makeup there was tantalizingly visible. “Which looks better, the pearlescent or the glitter?”