Well, no, I do still intend to give this a shot, but I'm not going to make myself crazy over it. It's likely I won't make the word count. Oh well. If I don't accomplish much this month, I may try and do it again in January or thereabouts, when it's not so busy. Anyhoo, should I ever actually write anything, I made a livejournal for NaNoWriMo. Heed the disclaimer; friend if you like, but don't expect quality: with_a_key. The starting point for this year's intended novel is based on a game of pretend I used to play when I was younger. Very loose basis. I have no idea where I'm going from there. Good times.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. No plans, because I already did birthday stuff on Wednesday and yesterday. I will probably write a bit. Maybe play Final Fantasy XII for a while. I'm not very far yet, and I'm sure I won't be finishing it any time soon. I know I don't have to worry about uncut spoilers, though, because my friends list is just awesome like that.
I just got to the skycity I can't remember the name of and I'm supposed to go see the Marquis. I'm thinking that's not very far.
- A lot of the "look" of the game really reminds me of Vagrant Story. This is a good thing. ♥
- So, I was really iffy on the battle system at first. It felt like I wasn't really doing anything. Once I actually got some people in my party and got some gambits set up, it was better. There are times when I feel like I really don't even have to be there, though. Like I could just go make a sandwich and come back to a field full of hyena corpses. *shrug*
- There hasn't been much of a chance to get to know the characters yet, but so far, Fran is my favorite. And I love her voice. Her dominatrix outfit kind of scares me, though. how can she run in those heels, omg
- Also: I probably would have figured this out already if I had paid more attention, but are gains based on anything? (I mean, beyond the +HP/MP augments in the license grid, obviously.) I ask this because I initially assumed that they would be based on what skills you are training them in, but looking at how my party is shaping up, I'm not so sure.
- Moment of triumph: managing to actually kill those random werewolves in the Giza Plain. XD
Okay I had more I was going to ramble on about, but one of my friends just called and reminded me there is a book sale at the library today! ♥ I officially have Plans now! YAY!
ETA: Two more left! Any takers?