Aaand I finally remembered to do this wishlist thing! Haha, I...mostly copy/pasted from another year. My wishes are simple?
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Icons! I have lots of spaces to fill now, but I like to have icons that are specifically mine, as in, made especially for me. Ideas (favorite characters/series/whatever) can be found in my interests list, or you can just ask me.
2. Gift!fic. (Favorite series: Bleach, Inuyasha, Suikoden, Avatar, Mahou Sensei Negima, and Gargoyles, but really anything from my interests list is good. I have an especial fondness for shoujo-ai/yuri.)
3. Gift!art. (Same as above, but it really needn't even be fanart. Original art is absolutely treasured.)
4. Book recommendations. Know of an awesome book that I totally should read? Let me know!*
5. Or even actual books, if you are so inclined. I'll give them a good home!
6. Cards, postcards, or letters. I love getting mail of the non-junk or bill variety.
7. Music. I like a wide variety of stuff, but obscure or rare artists/songs are very good because the chances are better that it will be new to me.
8. Interesting buttons, pins, or keychains. I collect them and put them on my backpack. Some anime ones might be nice.
9. Anime or television shows on data cd/dvd. I am still on dial-up, so I can't keep up with DLing all the series I want to check out.
10. A Sango action figure.
My mailing address is here.
*Since it's hard to recommend without knowing my tastes: I love speculative fiction (mostly fantasy but SF is good, too). I adore Arthurian stuff. YA lit is another thing I love. I don't just read genre stuff, though. I'll give almost anything a shot if it's well-written. Some favorite authors: Ursula K. Le Guin, Fritz Leiber, Diana Wynne Jones, Robin McKinley, Neil Gaiman, Louise Erdrich, and E. Nesbit. Some favorite books: Watership Down, The Chronicles of Prydain, I Capture the Castle, The Once and Future King, The Hero and the Crown and Hamlet (which isn't technically a book, but whatever).
Oh, also gave in to peer pressure and made an animelist. Add me if you've got one. :D
...I can't stop listening to this song.
Now I'm going to try and catch up on the friendslist and comments. I leave you with this hilarity.