stolen from del_kaidin
1. Choose five of your favorite books.
2. Take the first sentence of the first chapter and make a list in your journal.
3. Don't reveal the author or the title of the book.
4. Now everyone try to guess. Once someone guesses it right, write the title and author next to the sentence in bold.
1. The primroses were over. Watership Down by Richard Adams (guessed by anaphalis)
2. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays it was Court Hand and Summulae Logicales, while the rest of the week it was the Organon, Repetition and Astrology. The Once and Future King by T. H. White (guessed by anaphalis)
3. The house was three miles from the station, but before the dusty hired fly had rattled along for five minutes the children began to put their heads out of the carriage window and to say, "Aren't we nearly there?" Five Children and It by E. Nesbit (guessed by anaphalis)
4. I'll make my report as if I told a story, for I was taught as a child on my homeworld that Truth is a matter of the imagination. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin (guessed by elranuial)
5. She could not remember a time when she had not known the story; she had grown up knowing it. The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley (guessed by anaphalis)